Invisalign®: Can Someone Be Too Young or Too Old for Treatment?
These days, more and more people pick Invisalign® clear aligners for crooked teeth over traditional metal braces. These transparent plastic trays are barely visible when they are worn, allowing patients to undergo orthodontic care without brackets or wires.
People often reach out to our Doylestown, PA, dental office asking if they are good candidates for Invisalign. Specifically, they ask if they are the right age to get Invisalign treatment. The team at Artistic Expressions Dentistry would like to explore how Invisalign can benefit people of different ages.
Invisalign Is Great for Both Teens and Adults
First off, both teens and adults can undergo Invisalign without any problems. We’ve seen Bucks County patients who are 16, 26, and even middle-aged and beyond come in for Invisalign.
Having straight teeth at any age has many advantages for the look of your smile as well as your oral health.
Benefits of Invisalign for Teens
If you’re a teenager, there are a few key benefits to Invisalign:
- Hard to Notice Your Aligners - While you’re wearing your aligner trays, few people will notice that you have them in place. You can keep them on during class and when you’re out with friends after school and on weekends.
- You Can Eat Your Favorite Foods - No need to avoid popcorn and other snacks like you would with braces. Just take out your Invisalign aligners and enjoy. Remember, though: you should keep your aligners on about 22 hours a day.
- Easy to Clean and Care For - You don’t have to get special floss threaders or brushes to clean around brackets and wires. With Invisalign, just pop out the tray, brush and floss as needed, and also give your aligner a cleaning. Simple and easy.
Benefits of Invisalign for Adults
Many adults get Invisalign as part of a complete smile makeover. There are a couple of reasons why Invisalign has become so popular with young adults and people well into their 30s and beyond:
- No Interruption of Your Routine - Invisalign won’t be a bother as you’re balancing work, your social life, and family obligations. Just wear your trays as directed and go about your day.
- Get an Edge in Your Personal and Professional Life - Straighter teeth can improve your looks. This can go a long way in your career and even in your dating life.
- Avoid the Odd Stigma Around Adult Braces - Some people are judgemental about people who wear braces as adults. We don’t get it either since improving your dental health is always encouraged, but this stigma exists. With Invisalign, get the orthodontic care you need without judgment.
What About Invisalign for Pre-Teens and K-6 Children?
Yes, Invisalign can sometimes be used to treat children.
This will vary from patient to patient, particularly if they have baby teeth, but Invisalign treatment plans can be developed with kids in mind. If you’re a parent in Bucks County, we can go over potential Invisalign treatment for your child.
Set Up an Invisalign Consultation Today
Are you interested in learning more about Invisalign? If so, we encourage you to contact our dental office in Doylestown. We can answer all of your questions about clear aligner treatment and help you make an informed oral health decision.