Dentures are an effective solution for significantly damaged smiles and can be customized to fit your unique bite. At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, Dr. Bruce Wilderman provides both partial and full traditional dentures for his Philadelphia, PA, patients, as well as implant-supported dentures to replace tooth loss and restore dental function. Your smile is one of the most important features about you, and if you are insecure about yours, it can affect your quality of life. With Dr. Wilderman’s eye for artistic detail and extensive experience, he can help you achieve the smile you desire.
Your Candidacy for Dentures
The best candidates for dentures include patients who:
- Have significant tooth loss too severe for dental bridges
- Are missing an entire arch of teeth in the upper or lower jaw
- Have healthy gums
- Have sufficient jawbone structure for dental implants
- Currently have severe dental damage that will require extraction and restoration
At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, we provide both partial and full dentures for patients looking for a more affordable approach to restoring tooth loss. Each of our restorations are made from strong, durable, and attractive materials:
- Partial Dentures: If you are missing teeth, this type of restoration is designed to blend with the natural shade of your smile. Made from durable acrylic and metal, your partial denture will connect to your remaining teeth with tiny metal clasps.
- Full Dentures: If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, this type of restoration will rest on your gums and remain in place through suction and a resilient adhesive. Made of gum-colored acrylic and porcelain teeth, your restoration will be customized to match the natural shape, size, and color of your former smile.
Both types of dentures are detachable and will need to be removed each night for cleaning and while you sleep to help preserve your oral health. Some of the benefits of traditional dentures include:
- More affordable and less invasive than dental implants
- Improved aesthetics
- Faster treatment, customization, and fitting
- Improved dental function