Choose from Traditional or Implant-supported Dentures to Restore Your Smile
Dentures are an effective solution for significantly damaged smiles and can be customized to fit your unique bite. At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, Dr. Bruce Wilderman provides both partial and full traditional dentures for his Philadelphia, PA, patients, as well as implant-supported dentures to replace tooth loss and restore dental function. Your smile is one of the most important features about you, and if you are insecure about yours, it can affect your quality of life. With Dr. Wilderman’s eye for artistic detail and extensive experience, he can help you achieve the smile you desire.
Your Candidacy for Dentures
The best candidates for dentures include patients who:
- Have significant tooth loss too severe for dental bridges
- Are missing an entire arch of teeth in the upper or lower jaw
- Have healthy gums
- Have sufficient jawbone structure for dental implants
- Currently have severe dental damage that will require extraction and restoration
At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, we provide both partial and full dentures for patients looking for a more affordable approach to restoring tooth loss. Each of our restorations are made from strong, durable, and attractive materials:
- Partial Dentures: If you are missing teeth, this type of restoration is designed to blend with the natural shade of your smile. Made from durable acrylic and metal, your partial denture will connect to your remaining teeth with tiny metal clasps.
- Full Dentures: If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, this type of restoration will rest on your gums and remain in place through suction and a resilient adhesive. Made of gum-colored acrylic and porcelain teeth, your restoration will be customized to match the natural shape, size, and color of your former smile.
Both types of dentures are detachable and will need to be removed each night for cleaning and while you sleep to help preserve your oral health. Some of the benefits of traditional dentures include:
- More affordable and less invasive than dental implants
- Improved aesthetics
- Faster treatment, customization, and fitting
- Improved dental function
Implant-supported dentures provide a more permanent option for patients with significant tooth loss. Since dental implants are surgically inserted into your jawbone, it is imperative that you have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants. Depending on the extent of tooth loss, Dr. Wilderman will strategically place four or more implants within your jawbone. In most cases, it takes about four to six months to recover from dental implant placement.
Once you have fully healed, Dr.Wilderman will attach the abutments (small connectors) to the tops of the implants, providing a durable connection for your customized prosthetic. An implant-supported restoration can be designed as a removable or permanent oral device.
Although more costly initially, implant-supported restorations will last much longer than traditional dentures. Other benefits include:
- More comfortable and secure
- Will not shift or click when speaking and eating
- Do not require messy adhesives
- Delivers more natural-looking and feeling aesthetics
Customizing Your Denture
During your initial consultation, Dr. Wilderman will administer x-rays and scans to determine the health of your gums and remaining teeth. Before your restoration can be created, he will need to perform all necessary tooth extractions and periodontal care to create a healthy foundation for your denture.
If you have a significantly damaged smile, Dr. Wilderman can design an attractive, customized denture to dramatically transform your smile.
He will then take digital impressions of your smile that the lab will use in fabricating your denture to specifically fit your mouth. Our state-of-the-art dental lab uses strong and attractive restoration materials. Dr. Wilderman can also perform teeth whitening treatments to any remaining teeth to provide an even brighter restoration.
Once your restoration is complete, Dr. Wilderman will check the fit during a follow-up appointment to ensure your bite is comfortable. If no adjustments are required, that will conclude your treatment and you can enjoy your newly restored smile.
Restore Your Smile Today
If you have a significantly damaged smile, Dr. Wilderman can design an attractive, customized denture to dramatically transform your smile. Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation.