Popular Family Dentistry Services
At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, we believe that all patients deserve the best smile possible. No matter a patient’s age, medical history, or individual needs, we aim to provide effective dental treatment. If you are looking for outstanding family dentistry in the Philadelphia area, let Dr. Wilderman and his staff help you. To get a better idea of the services we offer, here are some of our more common dental treatments.
General Family Dentistry
When you come in for a professional cleaning, you can expect a gentle but skilled touch from our talented dental hygienists. With routine scaling and polishing treatment, we can eliminate deposits of plaque and tartar while helping protect teeth against future bacterial build-up. Regular dental check-ups also give Dr. Wilderman a chance to inspect your teeth for signs of decay and offer additional general care. Some of our preventative treatments include:
- X-ray imaging
- Scaling and root planing (deep cleaning)
- Sealants for younger patients
- Fluoride treatment
- Oral cancer screening
- Tips on hygiene and preventive care
For any treatment, we try to make our patients as comfortable and at-ease as possible. We offer neck pillows, warm blankets, and scented candles to help patients relax during their procedure. Moreover, those who desire additional amenities may enjoy our iPod® music library or virtual reality entertainment glasses. If you suffer from dental anxiety or have special needs, do not hesitate to contact our office and learn more about how we can assist you.
With recent advances in dental technology, you can afford to have the best, safest treatment for nearly any procedure. Dental lasers have helped many patients undergo restorative and cosmetic dentistry with greater results and fewer side effects. Here are the two lasers we use at our practice:
- Diode laser: This laser is effective in cutting through soft tissues such as the gums. With a diode laser, dentists can achieve greater accuracy, while patients experience less discomfort and bleeding. In procedures such as gum reshaping, the laser has effectively replaced the scalpel by improving results while minimizing recovery time.
- YAG laser: For procedures requiring hard tissue removal, such as a dental filling, the YAG laser has produced great results. Whereas drills apply heat and pressure, leading to discomfort and anxiety for many patients, the YAG laser can remove decay from teeth in a softer, more comfortable way. Some patients do not even require anesthesia in conjunction with laser dentistry.
In the hands of an experienced restorative dentist, our technology can give you satisfying results with a fraction of the trouble from conventional methods.
Teeth Whitening and Enhancements
If you need to fix a cosmetic problem, such as discolored, chipped, or crooked teeth, we offer various treatments to enhance your smile.
- Dental bonding: For chips or small areas of discoloration, a dental bonding procedure can restore individual teeth to their natural shape and color. This is ideal for patients with isolated aesthetic flaws.
- Porcelain veneers: For more extensive chips, gaps, crookedness, or deep discoloration, porcelain veneers can permanently cover imperfections. Thin layers of porcelain are cemented over the front surfaces of teeth, giving them a straighter, fuller, stain-free appearance.
- Teeth whitening: Patients with darkened or yellowed teeth from surface staining can benefit from one of our whitening treatments. Using the Zoom!® or Bright Smile® whitening method, you can achieve a brighter smile in a single one-hour office visit or on your own schedule at home.
Call Us Today
Whether you’re looking for a new dentist for regular hygienic cleanings, or you are seeking expert restorative or cosmetic treatment, we are eager to help. Call or email our office for more information about our services or to set up an appointment with Dr. Wilderman.