A chipped or cracked tooth can lead to a lack of confidence in one’s smile, a feeling that Dr. Bruce J. Wilderman does not want any of his patients to experience. As one of the state’s leading dentists, he cares about his patients inside and out, striving to provide teeth that the people of Pennsylvania can feel good about.
At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, our dentist can place porcelain crowns to damaged teeth in order to restore strength and conceal aesthetic flaws. Our dental staff encourages Philadelphia and Doylestown residents who long for a brighter smile to explore our range of restorative dentistry options.
Why Choose Porcelain Crowns
Porcelain dental crowns serve both aesthetic and functional purposes for our suburban Philadelphia patients, because:
- They are aesthetically pleasing. Dr. Wilderman can match the crown to the color of your real teeth in order to provide the healthiest, most natural, results possible.
- They may cover an abnormal or discolored tooth. (The dentist can also perform advanced tooth whitening for stained teeth.)
- They can prevent further harm to a chipped or cracked tooth. Porcelain crowns strengthen weakened teeth, keeping them from breaking, wearing down, or even decaying.
- They can replace an old, conspicuous metal dental crown.
- They may work to support another dental procedure. Porcelain crowns can be attached to a dental implant, or used to hold a dental bridge in place.
Just check out Adrianna’s glowing porcelain crown results, and listen to her patient experience.
Porcelain Crowns Placement
Dr. Wilderman performs the placement of porcelain crowns in two stages:
During the first stage, Dr. Wilderman will remove part of your existing tooth structure (part of an adjacent tooth may need to be reduced as well). He will then make an impression of your teeth; this impression will then be used to create your custom porcelain crowns at our lab. Meanwhile, you will be provided with temporary crowns until the permanent crowns become available.
In the second stage, which occurs about three weeks later, Dr. Wilderman will gently remove your temporary crowns. He will then bond your new porcelain crowns in place at our Philadelphia facilities, so as to meet your personal aesthetic and functional needs.
Contact Us to Learn More about Porcelain Crowns
To make an appointment, please contact Artistic Expressions Dentistry. Our staff members will gladly give you more information about porcelain crowns at our Philadelphia practice.