Look and Feel Your Best Ever
If you have one or more missing teeth, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible. While you may experience discomfort and perhaps even embarrassment because of missing teeth, there are also related oral health problems that can occur. Dr. Bruce J. Wilderman of Artistic Expressions Dentistry restores dental implants and wants patients to be aware of the many dental implant benefits. Within our state-of-the-art dental practice, Philadelphia area patients can achieve a full, healthy, and beautiful smile.
Whether your needs are minor or extensive, our friendly, welcoming team will make the process as smooth and simple as possible. Dr. Wilderman has years of experience and training in cosmetic and restorative dentistry, and believes that a healthy smile begins with patient education, which is why we encourage you to continue reading. To learn more about benefits of dental implants, contact our Philadelphia practice today.
Benefits of Dental Implants
People experience tooth loss for a number of reasons, such as poor oral hygiene, poor diet (too much sugar), injury, or not tending to minor dental problems early enough. There are several options for individuals with missing teeth. However, Dr. Wilderman often recommends dental implants for patients, as there are a number of benefits, including:
- Enhance appearance - fill in gaps where teeth are missing for a new, complete, gorgeous smile and more attractive look.
- Boost self-confidence - missing teeth can cause you to feel embarrassed or self-conscious. Dental implants help restore your confidence in your appearance.
- Improve speech - missing teeth can make it difficult to speak clearly; however, dental implants improve your ability to articulate properly and communicate more easily.
- Permanent solution - dental implants can last a lifetime with proper maintenance, such as regular brushing, flossing, and routine check-ups.
- Chew easily and comfortably - teeth are essential for chewing, and it may be difficult or uncomfortable to eat certain foods when teeth are missing. Additionally, individuals who wear dentures must refrain from eating certain foods. Dental implants are different, allowing you to enjoy all of the foods you love.
- Natural-looking results - implant restorations are customized to fit your unique smile and Dr. Wilderman is skilled in making sure results look natural.
- Improve how others perceive you - there is often a negative social stigma associated with missing teeth. Dental implants can positively change the way others perceive you.
- Support surrounding teeth - when a tooth is missing, the surrounding, natural teeth tend to shift, causing further problems with the look and functionality of your smile.
- Enhance comfort - dental implants fuse with the jaw bone, functioning as the root of the tooth, and becoming a permanent fixture in your mouth. You won't ever be cognizant of the implants. Plus, there is no shifting or moving around as removable dentures tend to.
- Support facial structure - missing teeth can cause the face to look concave. Implants restore facial integrity.
- Prevent further oral health problems - TMJ disorders and loss of bone and gum tissue can occur as a result of missing teeth.
- Can replace one or all missing teeth - dental implants can be placed for any number of missing teeth.
Learn More about Dental Implant Benefits
Do you ever wonder what life would be like to have a picture-perfect smile? Do you wish you could eat, speak, and smile comfortably and confidently again? If so, dental implants are an excellent solution. Find out about the many benefits of dental implants at our Philadelphia area practice. Contact us today.