Why Porcelain Veneers Can Perfect Your Smile
The placement of porcelain veneers is an excellent method of transforming your smile into something truly remarkable. If you are bothered by one or more chipped, cracked, broken, or discolored teeth, Dr. Bruce J. Wilderman of Artistic Expressions Dentistry may recommend the placement of porcelain veneers. These little tooth coverings are customized to fit snugly over each individual flawed tooth, resulting in a picture-perfect smile.
Dr. Wilderman artfully places veneers for patients with healthy teeth and gums looking to improve the look of their smiles. However, patients should be well-educated about porcelain veneers risks and benefits before deciding to move forward with treatment. Our Philadelphia area practice is comfortable and inviting, and our team will make sure you feel at home throughout the process of perfecting your smile. To learn more about porcelain veneers risks and benefits, as well as the cost of treatment, contact our Doylestown practice, serving all of Philadelphia, today.
Porelain Veneers Benefits
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
There is nothing better than feeling confident about your appearance and knowing your smile looks its very best. In addition to aesthetic appeal, there are many benefits of porcelain veneers of which you should be aware, including:
- Strength and durability - porcelain veneers are made from a strong, durable material, so patients can continue to enjoy their favorite foods without worry. The teeth can essentially function as they did without the veneers.
- Long-lasting solution - veneers can last as long as 10 to 15 years and in some cases even a lifetime, with proper upkeep. Dr. Wilderman will give patients detailed aftercare instructions, so that they can maintain their beautiful smile for as long as possible.
- Natural-looking results - porcelain veneers are specially made to match the natural tooth enamel. The veneers are thin and translucent, so when light is cast onto the veneer, it appears just as the natural tooth would.
- Customized for your smile - during your first appointment, Dr. Wilderman will take an impression of your teeth. The mold will then be sent to a laboratory so the veneers can be hand-crafted to fit your individual tooth.
- Quick, simple procedure - Dr. Wilderman can typically complete the porcelain veneers placement procedure in two office visits. Patients generally experience minimal discomfort and stress throughout the entire process as well.
- Stain-resistant - porcelain veneers are resistant to staining, unlike natural teeth. You can maintain brilliant pearly whites, while still enjoying coffee, tea, soda, and other products that normally cause staining of the teeth.
- Corrects a number of cosmetic flaws - porcelain veneers improve teeth that are cracked, chipped, broken, badly discolored, widely spaced, or slightly misaligned. Veneers are solely used for cosmetic purposes and placed on front, visible teeth.
- No downtime or recovery - once the placement procedure is complete, patients can leave our practice and immediately carry on with normal, everyday activities. Additionally, patients can eat whatever they would like right away.
- Can be combined with other treatments - Dr. Wilderman can administer a teeth whitening treatment as a finishing touch to your new, gorgeous smile. Or, if necessary, Dr. Wilderman can perform other procedures in conjunction with placing veneers.
- Enhance confidence - an improved smile can help you feel more confident about your appearance, ultimately giving you a better quality of life.
Risks of Porcelain Veneers
Another benefit of porcelain veneers is that risks associated with the procedure are minor. Patients should understand that the treatment is irreversible and that veneers may need to be replaced eventually. However, with proper oral hygiene habits, such as brushing, flossing, and regular check-ups, veneers should remain intact for a very long time.
Immediately following the procedure, patients may experience some minor tooth sensitivity or mild discomfort. Any symptoms should subside after a short time, and can be alleviated with over-the-counter pain medication.
Learn More about Porcelain Veneers Benefits and Risks
If you are interested in learning more about porcelain veneers benefits and risks, contact our Philadelphia practice today. Before you leave our office, Dr. Wilderman will make certain you love your new, improved smile.