Invisalign® Express: A Faster Type of Invisible Orthodontics
Countless people throughout the Philadelphia, PA area have sung the praises of Invisalign®. This invisible alternative to traditional orthodontics doesn’t need brackets or wires to straighten your teeth. When people get Invisalign®, friends rarely notice that they are undergoing an orthodontic procedure.
As popular and effective as Invisalign® is, there is a new form of Invisalign® that offers quicker results. It’s known as Invisalign® Express.
What Is Invisalign® Express?
Invisalign® Express is a variation on traditional Invisalign® treatment. This form of Invisalign® works faster and is used on patients who have very minor issues with crooked teeth.
How Does Invisalign® Express Work?
Invisalign® Express works just like normal Invisalign® treatment. It’s simple:
- Patients receive a set of custom-created Invisalign® Express aligners
- Patients wear their aligners at all times except when eating, drinking, and cleaning their teeth
- Every two weeks, the patient discards the current aligner and then starts wearing the next one in the treatment sequence
- The process repeats until the patient has straighter teeth
By the end of the treatment process, patients will have beautiful, healthy smiles.
Faster Than Traditional Invisalign®
With traditional Invisalign® treatment, around 20 to 30 aligner trays are needed to achieve the final results. By comparison, Invisalign® Express only needs about 10 aligners to straighten a patient's smile. That means about six months rather than a year to two years.
For some Invisalign® Express patients, less than 10 aligners are all that’s needed.
Less Expensive Than Traditional Invisalign®
Since Invisalign® Express uses fewer aligners than traditional Invisalign®, patients will wind up spending less for their treatment. This is another key benefit to consider for people who have slightly crooked teeth.
All the Conveniences of Invisalign®
With Invisalign® Express, patients get all of the benefits that are associated with normal Invisalign® treatment. That means:
- You can eat your favorite foods
- People barely notice your aligner trays (if they notice them at all)
- You can remove the aligners for social events
- The trays don’t affect regular oral hygiene routines
Candidates for Invisalign® Express
Candidates for Invisalign® Express are people who have very minor tooth misalignment issues. The following narrow criteria must be met:
- Minimal rotation of the patient’s front teeth
- Less than 1.5 mm of expansion needed for each dental arch
- Less than 2 mm of crowding or spacing for each dental arch
- Less than 2 mm of midline correction required
During the consultation process, we can let you know if you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign® Express.
The Results of Invisalign® Express
Invisalign® Express gives patients beautiful smiles in roughly six months. Thanks to the design of the treatment process, patients will experience the cosmetic and health benefits of perfect dental alignment.
Alternatives to Invisalign® Express
If Invisalign® Express is not right for you, traditional Invisalign® may still be an option. While normal Invisalign® takes more time, the convenience and results of treatment are excellent, and it’s a perfect option for teens and adults who need orthodontic care.
Learn More About Invisalign® Express
For more information about Invisalign® Express and whether or not it’s a good option for your needs, be sure to contact Artistic Expressions Dentistry today. We look forward to your visit and discussing these matters in greater detail during your visit.