If your dental needs include multiple procedures because your teeth are severely worn, damaged, or decayed, you may be a candidate for full mouth reconstruction. A full mouth reconstruction goes beyond a cosmetic smile makeover; it also addresses the dental problems that can affect the health of your teeth, gums, and bone. Our Philadelphia cosmetic dentistry center offers a wide range of the latest restorative treatments available.
While only your dentist can determine if a full mouth reconstruction is right for you, it is typically recommended to patients that have poor dental health. Patients that are good candidates for a full mouth reconstruction may have:
- Advanced gum disease or tooth decay: Improper oral hygiene can lead to gum disease, which is a leading cause of tooth loss.
- Severely damaged or worn teeth: If your mouth, jaw, or several of your teeth are damaged as a result of injury, accident, or other reasons, you may be a candidate for full mouth reconstruction.
- TMJ/TMD: Temporomandibular jaw disorder and other neurological disorders can cause grinding or clenching of the teeth, as well as mouth and jaw strain.
If your dentist determines that a full mouth restoration is right for you, he or she may recommend one or more of the following restorative procedures to correct your smile and improve the health of your mouth:
- Dental implants: Patients looking for long lasting and natural looking replacement teeth should consider the benefits of dental implants. Dental implants are fixed securely into the jawbone, and can reduce or eliminate the need for removable dental devices such as dentures. This restorative treatment also prevents neighboring teeth from shifting position. At Artistic Expressions Dentistry, we have achieved excellent results for our Philadelphia dental implant patients.
- Laser dentistry: We are proud to offer two of the most technologically advanced dental lasers currently accessible, the diode and Yag lasers. Laser dentistry allows for reshaping of the gums without the need for anesthesia, and it drastically reduces post-surgical recovery times.
- Dental bridges: If a patient has several missing teeth, a dental bridge can be used to fill in the missing spaces. Dental bridges work by anchoring a replacement tooth to the two teeth surrounding the gap. This tooth replacement option is ideal for patients that have some existing teeth or those that are getting dental implants.
- Porcelain crowns: When a tooth is chipped or cracked, a porcelain crown is an attractive option to restore the tooth. A porcelain crown is made of high quality materials that are custom-fit for the patient's tooth. Once the crown is fixed in place, it will blend in with the surrounding teeth, giving you a naturally beautiful smile.
Learn More About Full Mouth Reconstruction
No matter how major or minor your dental needs may be, Dr. Bruce Wilderman and our team are ready to help. Contact Artistic Expressions Dentistry to schedule your appointment at our practice. We will be happy to set up an appointment at a time that is convenient for you.